We are hosting a round table with UK waste network coordinators and colleagues working on public sector data standards. This event will inform phase 2 of our pilot project to design and implement sector led data standards for a local service, starting with waste management (see 4-min intro video here).
At this point, nearly 9 months into the project (see timeline on our product page) we’ve developed the business case for standards, built a standard ‘alpha’ API for part of the service, and are working with suppliers and councils to get some live implementations up and running by our next showcase on February 22nd.
Having worked out a mechanism for locally led, co-designed data standards to be implemented, we now need to agree how to drive their uptake, and govern and improve them going forward. We therefore invite you to join us at the DCLG offices in London for a roundtable to discuss funding and governance options for phase 2.
The meeting will:
- Present progress made so far with councils and suppliers
- Propose what needs to be done next and the cost of that
- Discuss how the next phase of work could be funded
- Discuss how the waste management sector feels this could be best governed/influenced by them
- Discuss how those leading on local digital service transformation and data standards should best feed in and ensure that this standard complements other related ones
Given that we’re hoping to represent the sector as broadly as possible at this meeting, we ask that you aim to send no more than one representative from your organisation.
If you have suggestions for key funding options or agenda items that we should pursue in advance, or other people who you feel would be interested and should be invited, please write to Matt, or share your inputs via the questionnaire when you register.
For more information on our Local Waste Service Standards Project, please visit our website here.
Event times: We plan to start at 14.30 sharp; registration will be open from 14.00.