- Do you work for a local authority?
- Are you a manager responsible for service delivery or working in service transformation?
How can you be sure you’re delivering what your customers need, whilst staying within ever decreasing budgets? Service Design tools and new digital approaches could really help you rise to the challenge.
Local Direct and Kent Connects digitaltogether are running a Really Useful Day on service design skills and digital approaches in Folkestone, Kent. It’s free, with lunch and refreshments provided.
As with all Really Useful Days, the event will be practical and hands-on, with the emphasis on enabling local authorities to network, share knowledge and develop new skills.
You’ll hear from sector experts and from local authority colleagues who’ve been doing interesting things around digital service design. And you’ll be learning about subjects like:
- rethinking ways we communicate with customers
- understanding website performance
- doing the hard work to simplify services
- managing agile projects
You’ll also work on practical exercises to develop your own service design skills and increase your confidence to lead change.
How to apply for a place at this event
To apply for a place, click the button below and fill in your details.
We sometimes limit numbers to 3 people per local authority to ensure all councils have a chance of getting a place. If you have any questions or problems, please email email@example.com.
Feedback from Really Useful Days
97% of people who come to a Really Useful Day rate it as ‘good’, ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’. Previous comments have included:-
- It was a 4 hour journey but well worth it.
- V customer focussed – refreshing.
- Excellent and really informative.
- Like the practical, workshop style format.