This event has been cancelled because of lack of sign ups.
However, you are welcome to come to a similar event in St Albans aimed at local authorities, happening the day before. Although the emphasis will be on public services , you will still be able to learn about Open Data, its potential uses and what Open Data is available.
- Do you work for a small business or community organisation?
- Are you interested in learning how Open Data can help you put together a more effective business case or grant application?
Come and find out how Open Data can help you at a free learning event (called a ‘Really Useful Day’) on Open Data.
In these times of austerity, it’s harder than ever for small businesses and community organisations to be successful in applying for loans, grants or funding.
Using Open Data can strengthen your case and make all the difference to your chances of success, as you can include evidence that is freely available to back up your arguments.
This event, organised by Local Direct and our partners from 21c Open Data, is part of the first Silicon Abbey Festival and it’s not aimed at experts. Don’t worry if you’re not technical. Our event is a perfect starting point to understand what Open Data is and how you can use it.
As with all Really Useful Days, the event will:
- be practical and hands-on, with practical exercises including identifying potential Open Data and using data to create simple visuals
- include talks from local authorities and the public sector about what they’ve been doing with Open Data
Evening networking event on Open Data
Silicon Abbey is holding an open networking event on Friday 27 March from 5.30pm to 7.30pm in St Albans District Council Offices.
This free event will include expert speakers, stalls, networking and refreshments, and is aimed at businesses, public services and community organisations.
Find out more and sign up on the event page.
Feedback from Really Useful Days
97% of people who come to a Really Useful Day rate it as ‘good’, ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’.
Previous comments have included:-
- An excellent day where I came away with lots of new ideas and felt enthusiastic to step up and start making changes
- Does what it says on the tin: “really useful day”
- My favourite bit? Sharing ideas and common struggles, and discussing solutions
- I liked the interactive side of the event – it highlighted lots of new ideas