- Do you deliver local public services, working in a local authority or one of its local partners?
- Are you interested in learning how Open Data can help you deliver more efficient, effective services?
- Would practical, plain English advice make it easier for you to use Open Data?
Local Direct, together with our partners from 21c Open Data, are running a Really Useful Day on making the best use of Open Data.
This event is part of the first Silicon Abbey Festival and it’s not aimed at experts. Don’t worry if you’re not technical. Don’t worry if data isn’t a big part of your role. Our event is a perfect starting point to understand what Open Data is and how it can help you work more efficiently, no matter what your job is.
As with all Really Useful Days, the event will be practical and hands-on, with the emphasis on enabling participants to network, share knowledge and develop new skills.
You’ll hear from local authorities and the public sector about what they’ve been doing with Open Data. You’ll also work on practical exercises, including identifying potential Open Data, publishing data in a useful way and using data to create simple visuals.
The day is free, with lunch and refreshments provided.
How to book a place
To book, click the ‘Apply for a place’ button and fill in your details. If you have any questions or problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback from Really Useful Days
97% of people who come to a Really Useful Day rate it as ‘good’, ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’.
Previous comments have included:-
- An excellent day where I came away with lots of new ideas and felt enthusiastic to step up and start making changes
- Does what it says on the tin: “really useful day”
- My favourite bit? Sharing ideas and common struggles, and discussing solutions
- I liked the interactive side of the event – it highlighted lots of new ideas