- Do you work for a local authority or a voluntary organisation?
- Are you interested in learning more about how social media can help get your messages across?
Local Direct is running a Really Useful Day on social media in Royal Tunbridge Wells that could help you. It’s free, with lunch and refreshments provided.
As with all Really Useful Days, the event will be practical and hands-on.
This event isn’t run by social media experts, so we don’t ‘train’ you as such. It’s about getting local authorities to share the tremendous knowledge they have about social media, learn from each other and develop new skills through the practical sessions.
There’s also an emphasis on encouraging networking and making contacts, so you will have people you can work with / ask questions afterwards.
Each event is slightly different, but most look like this:
- Keynote speaker talking about how their organisation uses social media. This can be someone from a local authority or from outside local government (eg, in the past we’ve had London Fire Brigade, Gatwick Airport and social media engagement specialists).
- Morning practical exercise: you’ll work in groups on dealing with an emergency flooding scenario.
- Shorter talks from local authorities. 2 or 3 local authorities either talk generally about how their organisation uses social media or focus on a topic (eg social media management, a specific tool).
- Afternoon practical exercise: you’ll get into different groups from the morning (to facilitate networking) and discuss topics including dealing with abuse on social media and evaluation.
- Open Discussion: a chance for anyone to ask any question, and the group as a whole will discuss it. This is usually very popular and useful.
How to apply for a place at this event
To apply for a place, click the button below and fill in your details.
We sometimes limit numbers to 3 people per local authority to ensure all councils have a chance of getting a place. If you have any questions or problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback from Really Useful Days
97% of people who come to a Really Useful Day rate it as ‘good’, ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’. Previous comments have included:-
- It was a 4 hour journey but well worth it.
- V customer focussed – refreshing.
- Excellent and really informative.
- Like the practical, workshop style format.