This full day waste services discovery day, run in partnership by the DCLG Local Digital Campaign and LocalGov Digital, aims to develop a prototype model for designing end-to-end local council service standards, starting with waste services.
The event targets waste services operations managers, software developers and business managers to work in parallel work streams:
- One stream will focus on end-to-end waste service design, identifying user needs for council waste services, and exploring how material flows and related services could be reimagined and integrated holistically across local authorities and other organisations towards a more circular economy.
- The other stream will begin linked data standards for particular waste services with a view to developing a collection of data standards and model APIs to support waste and material flow.
The event will close with a discussion of which products the sector would most like to pursue for further development.
PLEASE NOTE: This event is for public sector employees only or others by invitation. If you do not qualify, but want to come, please email us your request. Registration will open at 9am for a 9.30am start.
More information will be posted here soon.
- Promoting the adoption of open standards among LAs and suppliers and local waste services community
- Commitment from councils, suppliers and contractors present that they will adopt the standards
- Strengthen lobby for better end-to-end waste service design
- Strengthen lobby for better end-to-end local service standards for all local services
- Alpha data-sharing standards for waste service delivery
- Commitment from present local authorities that they will adhere to the standards
- Identify scalable products or solutions that could be improved, created or joined up to help increase efficiencies and improve local waste services
- Establishment of a standards steering group for waste services
- A model that can be used to develop standards for other services