Customer journey: find out where registered disabled drivers can park
At Really Useful Days, local authorities work together in groups, looking at customer journeys on council websites. Groups critique three examples of the journey. They then discuss what the three examples get right and wrong, before coming up with their own model / ideal version. So far, groups have worked on 26 customer journeys.
- Some sites use the term ‘blue badge’ for disabled parking – need to optimise for both
- Will private / council owned car parks both be displayed?
- Need to avoid optimising the wrong page
- Data will need to be kept up to date
- Make data open for 3rd party developers
- The quality of some links from GOV.UK to council websites isn’t as good as it could be – less than 30% of users get to a good page
- Will personal and public bays be displayed?
A mock up of a good customer journey
This journey was worked on in London on 2 March 2012.