PSN: transforming public sector ICT | Mark Pope | April 2014
Presentation on public service networks (PSN) by Mark Pope, PSN Programme Director at the Cabinet Office on 9 April 2014 at the Local Digital Futures Conference. In it he outlined how PSN:
- substantially reduces or eliminates duplicated procurements and expenditure on network and associated services
- enables anyone connected to PSN to consume any service and access any data that they have the ‘right to’ from anywhere on PSN
- establishes a unified market aligned to wider market investments
- generates competition and innovation in the provision of public sector IT services
- enables new and creative ways of joining up and delivering shared public services
The result being flexibility and standardisation, which will together deliver a world of opportunity for interworking and reduced costs.